Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Never Give Up



Have you ever been to the point of giving up? Giving up on your job, giving up on your family, giving up on life in general. Going through my library I ran across an older book which I hadn't read for a number of years. I started re-reading it and wanted to recommend it to each of my friends and family. I hope you might share this with others as the book is such a great blessing.

I talk with so many people who are struggling in their lives. I read on Facebook about the many struggles that each of you have and pray about that, but each of us face the question, "is there more I can do when I hurt?" Yes there is, so let me recommend this book to you, "Have you felt like giving up lately," by David Wilkerson.

Some of the chapter headings are, When you hurt and there is no physical cure, Why me, Lord? Friends try so hard to help, Time heals nothing, Heartbreakers do not get off easy.

One of my favorite chapters is, "You can't carry your own cross" (very interesting ideas). Then there is: You can't depend on others for your happiness. Why do we feel like giving up, and what is the cure? These are only a few of the chapters, but you get the idea.

You see what each of us need to remember is that there is always hope! You may not feel like it as you grapple with the problems in your life, but our God is a God of Hope!

What is the worst thing that can happen to you? What is it that most people fear the most? For those in the world, those who are outside of Christ, isn't it death? Yet Paul writes in 1Thessalonians 4:13-4, "Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him."

You see in the end, we have the promise of eternal life with God. That is the hope that keeps us from giving up, no matter what.


Are you struggling, then perhaps you need to reevaluate your relationship with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment