Monday, March 30, 2015

I DIDN'T KNOW WHERE I WAS AND I DIDN'T CARE!



We have been traveling across this great nation of ours for 8 days now. We are not making a mad dash across the county this time as we have always done before. Just a few more days and we will be to our goal, home with our family.

Yesterday was an especially long day of driving and driving an almost 40 foot long motor home and towing a car behind it, making it closer to 60 foot takes lots of concentration. Yesterday we drove through several areas of "road construction" (very narrow lanes to negotiate) and I was very tired. 

We were in Missouri (stretching our driving day to try and stay ahead of some storm fronts) and had planned on stopping at a RV park at a particular exit, but when we got there the RV park was not, apparently it had closed. I kept driving for another 30 miles or so down the highway and I was getting tired. We finally spotted a small RV park off the side of the road, made a quick exit and stopped.

Once we got set up and settled the stress of the day started to set in and I was really tired. We made a couple of calls to family and we were asked the inevitable question, "Where are you guys?" My reply was, "I don’t know and don't really care, I'm just glad to be off of the road for the night". I still don't know because I haven't cared enough to check it out. I do know we are somewhere East of Springfield, MO, but that's it. I'll get out the road maps and check it out later this morning to find out more accurately because I do have a destination in mind, a goal of where to be tomorrow night. I want to be on the right highway going in the right direction.

Of course as I thought about my response, I thought about how this is like the response of so many people regarding their relationship to God. Someone might ask, "Are you a Christian?" or "Are you right with God?" to which the response often is, "I hope so," or "I think so". So basically like me they are saying, "I don't really know and I don't care enough to check it out and see where I am".  

God has given us a "road map for life," His book, the bible. You may not know where you are in your relationship to Him and may not really care, but I can guarantee that someday you will care. Jesus had these words to share on the subject in Matthew 7:13-14.  "You can enter God's Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way. But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it." (NLT)

I don't know about you, but I check the road map for life often daily. Why, because I want to be on God's road going his way. How about you?




No comments:

Post a Comment